Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Quick question:
My grandfather, who was an avid WW2 weapon collector, recently died and now we have a lot of working WW2 weapons (+/- 150 pieces, mainly pistols and revolvers) in perfect condition. As he was the only person with a license the police will seize them in a month to destroy them (I live in Belgium where there are strict gun laws).

Ofcourse this would be a shame so I was wondering if anyone knows how to sell them or donate them to a museum? If possible, we'd want to avoid deactivating them.

Amongst the weapons there are several Lugers, Roth-Steyr, Korriphélas's, Colts, FN's, Makarov, Mauser, Mannlicher,...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
That’s what a “civilized” nation with no 2nd Amendment does to history. What a shame. But I’m not even surprised. The liberalization of Western Europe makes even the dark blue States here seem like a gun paradise.
Contact museums and see if you can donate them. Does the law there not let them be sold to another citizen with a firearm license? Forced confiscation and destruction of personal property without a means to sell it legally. Sounds like communism. The old world never got to appreciate civil liberties.
I hope you’re able to find an avenue to sell these guns. The financial loss to your family for the sake Of government over reach is another pitty.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'm not very well versed in importation laws but it seems like at least a few businesses in the US are making some of their money bringing in guns from Switzerland (Simpson's, Classic Firearms, Eidelweiss, etc.) Not sure how Belgium compares but if museums and locals aren't coming through is there any chance those companies would import them?

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
74,962 Posts
I'm not very well versed in importation laws but it seems like at least a few businesses in the US are making some of their money bringing in guns from Switzerland (Simpson's, Classic Firearms, Eidelweiss, etc.) Not sure how Belgium compares but if museums and locals aren't coming through is there any chance those companies would import them?
That is a possibility. Try Simpson first as they deal in collector firearms.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You may contact the owner of the Cornet Company in Bruxelles - Cornet - when I worked in Belgium he provided me with help an assistance in purchase of firearms. I bought few pieces being a foreigner in Belgium so I guess Mr. Cornet should be able to find a way to deal with the Belgian guns law for a Belgian citizen to save the collection.

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
In Belgium there exists "Armalex" founded by a dear lawyer friend some years ago: Nico Demeyere. I even once donated him a Swedish Mauser out of gratitude for what he did for the shooting society of Belgium
Please google "Armalex" and "Nico Demeyere".
DO NOT LET DESTROY THE WEAPONS ... PLEASE!
Btw, it wouldn't be the first time "illegal" weapons end in the collection of people who confiscate them overhere! Nico once told me about 52 of such pending cases in the time the legal sh*t began with firearms. Was I surprised then? NO!
There is also "Guns&goodies" in Laarne who may be interested in taking the guns in consignation.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Contact Dr. Antaris here: Antique Firearms - Premium Historic Guns - Shop Online | Historic Investments
He is a published author, firearms dealer, and importer. From the products listed on his website, I can assure you he would do his best to work with you.

You can also reach out to Anthony Vanderlinden here: https://www.wetdogstore.com/contactus.sc
He is a published author on FN firearms and I would imagine has many contacts in Belgium who may be able to lend a hand.

Have you considered sending them to an auction house as an option as well? Hermann Historica, I believe there is also one in Switzerland.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts