Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently able to pick up a WW Greener shotgun that has been converted for use in American trap. I have never seen another one like it and need a little info if anyone can help. It's built on a large frame action and has been fitted with a 34" Remington 1100 barrel, stock and fore end. The gun shoots well and fits nicely. My problem is that I'm getting 3 or 4 mis fires per 100 rounds, I have tried different shells, Remington STS shells seem to work the best but I still have a mis fire with those once in a while. The striker hits are centered and look correct on the shells that are fired, with only a light dent in the center of the primers of the mis fires. I have not disassembled it yet to check the striker spring and striker, but plan to do so this week.
Any advice or information about it would be most appriciated.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Administrator
4,137 Posts
Assembly and disaassembly instructions are found at the top of this forum.

The instructions warn do not disassemble unless abosutely necessary.

Unlike the other rifle we disucss with the low strike, this one sounds like it's mainspring-striker spring has either been shortened, is broken or has been replaced with a weak spring. You could also had a broken or worn striker.

I would recomend that you print out the instructions about and carry them and your shot gun to your Gunsmith and have the gun repaired.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Fabulous looking shotgun! I see one for Trade in the Classifieds as well. I'd love to know what it cost you if you don't mind. I think that is so cool. Love to pick one up that functions for trap shooting myself!

Thanks and good luck fixing it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.