Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale or possible trade is a very nice original WW1 USGI brass trench periscope with leather case.In my opinion this is collector grade museum quality.The finish wear on the periscope is minimal in a few places mainly just from being removed from the case.I do not think it was ever issued because of the condition it is in.The end of the periscope is stamped TRENCH PERISCOPE No.10 X7'5 Model 1918 MFG'D By WOLLENSAK OPT. CO. ROCHESTER,N.Y. U.S.A. No.4851 There were not many USGI brass periscopes made,most were made out of wood.The leather case is original to the periscope and is stamped W.T.& B.CO.1918 C.A.C. I have only seen a few of these periscopes for sale and prices vary by condition.I have seen them sell as low as $400.00 in fair to poor condition up to $1,350.00 for a nice example like this one.I would rate the condition at 95%. The lenses are not cracked,but there are some black specs as to be expected for being 100 years old. Price drop $800.00 shipped in the lower 48. I will also consider trading towards a Colt,Remington Rand,or Ithaca Model 1911 or 1911A1,M1 Carbine or Bavarian M1 Carbine. I will accept paypal friends and family or a U.S.postal money order for payment.The first person to post "I'll Take It" followed by a pm gets it.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts