Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Complete walnut stock set taken off my CMP 1903. Wood was oil refinished. Slight remnant of stamping behind trigger. Small repair right side as shown. No other cracks or blemishes...really nice wood. Stock and hand guard match. No metal parts included. $150 plus shipping. Will accept MO or personal check. Need any other info or photos...just ask. Added photos with rifle in the stock. Rifle not included!
First "I'll take it" in a PM, and you got it.
Thanks for looking. DSC_7317.jpg DSC_7319.jpg DSC_7322.jpg DSC_7325.jpg DSC_7338.jpg DSC_7367.jpg DSC_7376.jpg DSC_7372.jpg DSC_7374.jpg DSC_7373.jpg

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Reference to "oil refinished". Rifle in stock w/handguard in place, can you assure "no metal standing proud?"
Thanks & Best!
John

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
John,
Linseed oil finished. Not sure what you mean in quotes.
Hi & sorry if unclear. Aggressive stock sanding to remove dents, scratches, etc., can also unintentionally remove too much wood as well. Leaving such as buttplate edgess, bottom metal exposed beyond stock wood. Bands no longer fitting properly. Gotten burned before. If you're unsure, no problem. I'll just pass!
Thanks for replying!
John

·
Registered
322 Posts
Pm incoming. I'll take it depending on response to inquiry. If I pass I'll remove this comment.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replied to your PM, treboris. Stock was on the rifle for some time before I replaced it with a CMP "C" stock. Was not heavily sanded.....fit the rifle nicely after the work was done.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In response to all the questions about sanding, I will put the rifle in the stock to check fitment. Will post photos if fit is OK...if not, I'll delete the ad.

Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts