Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to make space in my small safe and here are some guns that are on the chopping block. I will do my best to try and describe them but if you have any questions please email me. The first person to post on here with an unconditional "I'll take it." gets it. The VZ52 and VZ24 must go to a C&R or FFL. Shipping will be $12 by fed ex ground. If you have a problem with the way of shipping let me know up front. Unfortunatley the sino soviet sks has to go to an FFL. No exceptions! Payment must be in the form of a postal money order, certified check or discreet paypal with 3% added. All guns are being sold as is. So if you intend to shoot them, you should have them checked by a gunsmith.

****SPF to Farmflyer****. 1. Sino-Soviet SKS in 7.62x39. This is all stamped matching including the reciever, stock, bolt, receiver cover, trigger guard and magazine cover. When I first saw it, I thought it was a bring back but it ended up having a century import stamp on the barrel. As you can see from the pics, the stock is pretty worn with plenty of dings and bumps. The shellac (if that is what it is) is flaking off in spots. Also the area where the bayonet sits in the stock is a little beat up. The biggest problem I've had with this gun is the fact that the bayonet will not sit flush with the stock. I've tried everything from swapping bayonets, to reversing it and nothing seems to work. One member suggested it might be an older bayonet but I honestly have no idea. The blue is in good shape but worn on the edges and on the end of the barrel. The bore is mirror bright. I have a feeling this was carried more than shot. The price is $225.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Unfortunatley the sino soviet sks has to go to an FFL. No exceptions!
Why is that?

Here is the quote from the approved C&R list on the ATF website:

"Russian (U.S.S.R.), Simonov, semiautomatic rifle, model SKS, cal. 7.62 x 39, of Soviet manufacture. "

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/curios/sec2.htm

What is different about this one you have that removes it from qualification?

·
Silver Bullet Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
***SPF to Rebfarmer*** 2. VZ52 in 7.62x45. This gun could be a real winner with just a little clean up. First and foremost is the bore on this one is really good. It isn't mirror bright, in fact it is a little dark with a tiny amount of debris but for a VZ52 it is really good. In fact it is probably the best bore I've seen on an original VZ52. I've shot this one before and it shot good but the rounds started sticking in the chamber. I've tried cleaning the chamber as best I can but the new owner might want to give it another cleaning. Also another important thing is there is no crack in the stock behind the receiver. There is a crack where the handguard latch is but it doesn't go all the way through and doesn't flex when you try to open it. The stock is sound but just needs a good cleaning. Luckily this one never had the hideous truck bed liner spray put on it. The handguard is not cracked but is devoid of any finish on the wood or metal. A little staining to match the stock and it will look good. The finish on the metal is patina'd in spots and has a few small areas of rust but nothing really bad. The outer butt plate is held in by screws. All in all it is a sound rifle with honest use but not abuse. Price is $225.

·
Silver Bullet Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3. 1937 dated VZ24. I believe this to be a VZ24 that was made for the Chinese contract. Where it went from there is anyones guess. It is not import marked. It could be a pre 68 import but I have no way of telling. It does not have a letter prefix before the serial number but does have the letters MP in a circle stamped above the serial number. I posted it on the Military Mausers forum but no one said what it meant. The reciever does not have any Czech acceptance stamps which I think, means it was made for export. The bolt is a mismatch VZ24 bolt but it is a P prefix bolt. This is why I think it spent some time in China either used by Nationalist Chinese forces or the Japanese. Of course I have no way of verifying who used it, so you make the call. Nothing else on the gun is serial numbered except for the butt stock which is matching to the reciever. The blued finish has taken on a grayish, speckled look but there is not pitting on it. The rear handguard is cracked and wobbly but would be an easy fix. The bore is dark and dirty but nothing a little shooting and cleaning wont fix. It comes with the sight protector and cleaning rod (which has part of the threaded end of another cleaning rod that broke off, still stuck in it). Price is $200.

·
Silver Bullet Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not going to argue the status of the sks but I will say this; read what you quoted from the ATF. This was not Soviet manufactured. It might have been made on soviet tooling, with soviet supervision but ultimately it was made in China. Do a forum search in the AK and SKS section and you will find others who have asked the same thing. I don't agree with the status but I don't make the rules.

·
Silver Bullet Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SKS sold to farmflyer. Please send me your contact information so we can get the ball rolling on this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts