Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale: An Excellent Nagoya (Toyada Automatic Loom Works, Ltd. Subcontractor) Bayonet with scabbard and polished blade, the blade does have spotting on it but still smooth to the touch so it could have been a blued blade at one time? The Bayonet picture inclosed shows the same Arsenal marks, grips with screws and the Birdshead pommel I have on my Bayonet except my Bayonet has the hook Crossguard instead of the straight Crossguard that's pictured and my Bayonet has a polished bright blade instead of a blued blade that's pictured and also my Bayonet has a Fullered Blade instead of the non Fullered Blade that's pictured.
$80 plus shipping with a Money Back Guarantee less shipping if not satisfied with the bayonet. Mike

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hello Hopalong:
It sure would help in selling if you included a photo of the ricasso markings, the end of the pommel. Also if you have acceess to Johnson's book the JB number is the easiest way to describe. Without a picture or JB number I have no ideas what you have or if I could use it, most collectors will feel the same way.
Vicasoto

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have loved to have postd a picture and you're not telling me nothing new but at this time I don't have a digital camera that I know how to use or else I would have posted a photo for sure so I'll just have to take my chances until I get a camera I know how to use. Mike

·
Gold Bullet member
4,322 Posts
You could go to Ebay, find a similar bayonet, right click, save the photo to your desktop and then post it here as "bayonet is this type but not actual photo". You can also do a lot more to describe the subcontractor mark since there are several types. It can be anything from a common Toyoda Loom to a rather rare "Nagoya Triangle". You can also tell folks if the grips are held by screws or rivets, etc. This board member's page (George Beharry) is a good place to do some reasearch...

http://www.japanesebayonets.net/

Getting snitty with someone trying to be helpful isn't a good marketing tool.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Brad I'll do that even if I can only accomplished 2 out of the 3 things you suggested. Also I wasn't getting snitty but expressing my frustration over my incompedence on not being able to use a digital camera which puts me at a disadvantage when trying to sell an item. Thanks Again Mike

·
Silver Bullet member
622 Posts
Toyoda Automatic Loom Works, founded in 1926 was the father of Toyota Motor, spun out in 1937. I have a similar one. It’s my keeper.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dave,
the best I can do is $75 and you pay shipping. Thanks Mike

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
Do you have a scanner by chance? You'd be suprised at how well they will do in capturing a photo image.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did have a scanner and I scanned my pictures but it quit working a few months ago and I threw it away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts