Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK Guys, how often do one of these come available? This is a full size Hern Iron Works model 1841 6 pounder Cannon in gray iron. It is unfired and unmounted. The bore diameter is 3 1/2 inch, Total length is 65 1/2", Trunnions are 3 5/8" and it weighs 850 lbs! This is a full size black powder cannon! After shipping you will pay over $2k for this same model from the manufacturer. This cannon is unfired, it does display some minor storage ware to the finnish. I purchased this with a friend almost 7 years ago with the intent of building a carriage and shooting it in competition, but alas life got busy, I was deployed to Iraq (twice), got married, and now my wife and I are having a baby....Soooo.. My loss, your gain! Hern takes a one inch industrial no seam pipe, threads the base, caps the pipe and welds it, then pours a cast of a cannon around the pipe. The result is a perfect rendition of a full size black powder cannon. These are routinely shot, and I personally have shot a friends with live canister shot at a junker car. Its amazing!I make no guaranties to any one who doesn't do the research on how to load and shoot these. Offered here this one time before I auction it off. Price is $1500! You will have to make arrangements to pick it up in Upper East Tennessee as again it weighs 850 lbs and I am not going to even attempt to ship it. Its a black powder weapon so it doesn't need an FFL or any other License to buy or own it. PM me for details and first "I WILL TAKE IT" gets it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If our Southern States secede again, you will be wishing you didnt sell it.... :) if we do secede, I am coming to your house lol. Wonder how it shoots with Pyrodex?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually the right powder for cannons is 1F granulation or cannon grade if you can get it.
Goex still produces 1F, and there are no shipping hassles.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This Cannon sold a year ago. This is not a comment forum. Mods please delete this thread and sorry for a Newb resurrecting this for whatever reason. Obviously hasn't read the rules.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts