Gunboards Forums banner

WTK Value of a T99 LMG scope

917 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  BIG ED 
#1 ·
I have a used type 99 scope that came with a recent purchase. im thinking of selling it to help offset my purchase, but have no idea of value.
the scope can be seen here.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=398444370

i poseted a while back looking for info on a semi build or approved designs with little success. lmk if you have any info on this as well.

thanks

#4 ·
There seems to be way more scopes than "demand"; I've seen them sell for under $200.

#8 ·
One of my papered Dewated T99's looked like that one did, before the guy on Gun Broker cut the receiver.
The normal dewat process was to place a pin in the chamber, then braze or weld the pin in the chamber.
Finally, tack weld (in two places) the barrel to the receiver.

This gun appears to be missing the bolt assembly.
Lots of luck finding a bolt assembly for less than $1000.

Gregg

#10 ·
ok looks like my scope is a type 96 has windage marked with a 20 instead of 40. do the 99 and 96s the same price?

the bbl has a rod that goes about 12'' in. ive removed most of the weld around the bbl. just need to know how the bbl is removed. just dont want to be putting force the wrong way...

#11 ·
Unscrew the locking wedge on the left side of the receiver.
Pull the wedge out to it hits the stop.
Pull the barrel assembly out, away from the front of the receiver.
That is all there is to it.

It will not hurt to gently pound on the lower edge of the carrying handle with a rubber mallet, to get the barrel out.
Penetrating oil like Kroil will help a lot, if it is tight.

Gregg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.