Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to pick up my first revolver and looks like I have narrowed it down to the S&W 625. I have loaded lots of 45 ACP over the years.

I plan to use it for target shooting (seems fairly accurate), ccw (currently carry a 1911) and maybe a little competition.

Looked at both the 625 JM and the 625 PC.Trying to decide which one to get.

I really like the looks of the JM version (grips, barrel profile, etc).

Even thought the PC is a bit more money, it seems like the PC version has fewer out of the box issues reported than the JM. And the grips can be always be changed out on the PC version.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I like 4 inch large frame revolvers, I had a 4.5 " Redhawk years before Ruger put out a four inch. So naturally I have looked into these also, just because they are sweet and handy to go with m other .45s. Personally I like the grip of the JM and the rest of the package on the PC. It just felt a bit more balanced and easier to carry to me with the thinner barrel underlug. But, the one I really liked was the Thunder Ranch, that one really got my attention and has tempted me more than the others. I also liked the light rail for a HD revolver.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
Ok, just what is JM and PC?

Why would there be "issues" with one and not the other; aren't the "guts" the same?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Jerry Mickulek and Performance Center

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.