Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been offered a rayed Japanese flag in a frame with signatures.
Not sure if it is offset or centered. Not sure of the size but it is probably in the range of 3' x 5'.

It is another item in a series of things that have come from an older collector who has taken a shine to me. I have gotten some good deals from him over the years on quality stuff.
He is open to negotiation but I have never asked him to negotiate much as he is such an honest and generous man. He is asking $350 for the flag. Is this in the range of value for such an item...it seems somewhat high to me.

Your guidance is appreciated.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,304 Posts
I agree price is high BUT if it's professionally framed that costs at least $150. +++
Roger that! The framing for mine (not rayed) cost more than twice what I paid for the flag, but Me Likey :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
3x5 feet is HUGE for a personal flag,usually 28"x36". One that size,if real,would be either a small vessel flag,if navy,or a company or greater marching flag for land troops,both should have a very sturdy mounting rope,as opposed to shoestring sized ones on a personal version. Pics would be very helpful on this one....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.