Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm new. I bought a bringback Walther PP in 32acp with 2 mags. PP is all matching except the mag. Gun looks wartime since it doesn't have the high gloss finnish like prewar or 60 postwar. No army proofs so I think it is commercial made during wartime. Serial 3007XXP.

Thanks,
Michael

·
Administrator
3,434 Posts
I have Walther PP serial 249919P and was told over on Jan Sill's site that it was made in 1942 so yours is probably 1942 or 43. I'm sure someone here can tell you for sure.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Without checking my books, I'd say that PP was made in late 1943 or early 44. They only went to about 400K by wars end.
Most PP u. PPK pistols did not have numbered magazines. If yours does you could probably find someone who had a pistol close to that number that would be interested in trading - or at least trading base plates.
Commercial proofs are an eagle over N on the bbl in the ejection port and the same on the slide below it.
Value is impossible to determine without knowing what the proofs are and what condition it is in.
Sarge

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PP has 95% original finnish. It also has the eagle N proofs on the slide and barrel like you said it would. No other proofs or Army marks. Mint bore. It shoots great. One mag is not numbered the other is. The numbered mag is 204251P. It also has the Walter Banner, PP 7,65mm markings. Serial number markings are stamped up the back. I would trade it for a like mag if someone has the matching PP. I don't plan to sell my PP. I bought it for 200 bucks. I wanted to know what a PP or PPK goes for and if I paid too much for it. Its the only German Pistol I own. Now I need a P38. I found one with papers but don't have the money to make an offer.
Michael Hale

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
For $200 you stole it! Should bring closer to $500.
Sarge

1 - 5 of 5 Posts