Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought about a 50 gun collection and along with it got bags full of holsters. I do not know what these are for. Some look close to the ones I know but slightly different. Any help would be appreciated. I just put those blank tags on
them so I can write down what they are as I find out. I think most are original but there might be a few repos in there also
Brown Textile Glove Headgear Beige
Brown Textile Sleeve Collar Material property
Brown Wood Fashion accessory Starting pistol Personal protective equipment
Wood Tool Font Fashion accessory Metal
Material property High heels Revolver Tool Knife
Revolver Handgun holster Glove Font Personal protective equipment
Shoe White Handgun holster Material property Personal protective equipment
Grey Automotive exterior Gun barrel Auto part Gun accessory

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea now that after I posted the pics I should have put numbers on everything. Are the below holsters for a hi- power ? After I weed out a few I will number these and repost pics. Which ones are the makarov holsters ?
Wood Personal protective equipment Human leg Metal Fashion accessory

·
Registered
806 Posts
Best as I can tell:
First photo: top to bottom & L to R:
R1 1/Box is German (need to see insides) 2/French MAC 50 or possibly 35A 3/Swedish M1907 4/C96 (commercial/Chinese) 5/Hungarian PA-63 6/W German G1 (FAL).

R2 1/Swiss M89/11 rifle ctg. pouch 2/Unknown commercial/repop shoulder holster 3/Repop P38, etc. 4/French MAB Pa-15 5/Poss. Spanish pistol Astra 400, Star B (no mag pouch) 6/EG Makarov 7/German small auto.

R3 1/Likely FN 1922 2/Soviet or Bulgy Makarov 3/S&W Victory (or other) .38 revolver 4/Spanish Astra 400 5 & 6/Small autos/post-WW2 7/German Cz27

Second batch of holsters:
R1 1/Czech Cz52 2/Unk German shoulder holster (poss EG Mak) 3/Unk German small auto
4/Soviet/Bulgy Makarov 5/Beretta M1934 Post-WW2 6/Hungarian Pa63

R2 1/Soviet/Bulgy Makarov 2/Small German auto 3/Chinese T54 ammo pouches 4/? shoulder holster 5/Soviet/Bulgy Mak 6/Either late German WW2 or Early Post WW2 French P.38 (the former also found in "prestoff" material as well).

Last row of five holsters seems to have been covered by others...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The last ones listed look like( very much so )Walther PP holsters (one is post war last one)........Check every part of each holster to look for markings........inside side under the flap......The end to the strap (outer part) even with a magnifying glass ......back of holster. Because of the number of holsters, Also the stud, I will check your holsters a little at a time.
Joe.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wow you guys are great ! I got to work tonight but the next night I am going to label everything and post better pictures to verify all of this. This is exactly the info I needed. All of these came out of a single collection. Unfortunately it was stored poorly and alot of them have that white mold on it. I have been using 50/50 mix of water and vinegar to get rid of the mold but it seems to come back on some of them. Anybody know of any sure thing tricks to get rid of the mold ?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts