Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a partial turked S (probably) 88/05 Steyr with an 1890 date. All that 's left is the complete barreled action with bolt and bottom metal in a partial stock - that's it. It was to be a custom project that never happened. (This is not an offer to sell, as I have no idea what to ask) I just want to know if it's worth keeping around or just send it to Numrich or use it as a tomato stake or what. Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
If you are interested in restoring rifles and the barrel wasn't cut down then it would make an interesting project. If you aren't interested in projects I'd put it on the WTS forum. If I had a hundred bucks lying around I might make an offer (but alas, I have a 1907 Husqvarna instead:)).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is amusing. I just re read the post below mine about the 88 parts and yet from the above replies my complete barreled action and bottom metal seem to be worth little. Oh, well.

As I said, I had planned a project to rebarrel the action to a different caliber and sporter it like the German custom rifles made between the wars. However, age and arthritis have put paid to that.

Anyway, thanks to those who responded. I think my best route seems to be offering to Numrich along with the other odds and ends of parts.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
This is amusing. I just re read the post below mine about the 88 parts and yet from the above replies my complete barreled action and bottom metal seem to be worth little. Oh, well.
The bolt is worth something (mostly the bolt head really) as would the rear sight slider. The rest is worth a bit but not big money. The barrel shroud, if in good shape, would bring in a couple bucks.
While in this little corner of the net there are folks looking for parts now and then, on the whole, there isn't much demand for them. And even here there isn't much demand for magazines or barreled actions. Most of the demand is in bolt heads, sight parts, and stocks with some for barrel shrouds and bands.

Still, you may get more money selling it here than to Numrich.

·
Registered
7,792 Posts

As I said, I had planned a project to rebarrel the action to a different caliber and sporter it like the German custom rifles made between the wars. However, age and arthritis have put paid to that.

Anyway, thanks to those who responded. I think my best route seems to be offering to Numrich along with the other odds and ends of parts.
I just threw a number out there, not a real assessment of its value. If you want to post it on the WTS forum and put whatever amount you want 'or make me an offer' and see what people offer. I sold some stuff to Numrich once, won't do that again...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.