Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All,
I have had these rifles for a few years. The first gun know very little about. It is a Mosin and a Finnish capture gun, but longer than a 91/30. Perhaps you can shead some light on waht it is. The other 2 are Dragoons. Is there anything rare about any of these guns? I do not want to sell them, I would just like to know a little more of there history.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
All three are Finns.

One has SIG barrel. That one is Model 1891-1924.

The other two are Finn Model 1891. They were cavalry pattern of Russian Model 1891 when they were in Soviet property. In Finland they are just Model 1891.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,739 Posts
None are "rare" but all are hard to find and sought after by most collectors here. You've a great start to a Finn rifle collection there.

Prepare to be inundated with IMs asking for prices. :)

What's with the small goblin in the last picture? ;)

·
Administrator
3,443 Posts
That KLP marked SIG M24 is a pretty rare one. Is the barrel stepped at the muzzle? If not, it's even more of a prize! NICE!

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,912 Posts
That KLP marked SIG M24 is a pretty rare one. Is the barrel stepped at the muzzle? If not, it's even more of a prize! NICE!
+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hell yeah that one's special! And they're not just 'Finns'. The M24 Finnish rifle is a desirable variant in itself. You have a particularly nice example, made evem more desirable by the 'KLP' stamp on the barrel shank. Hang onto that one, and as Skywarp already advised, your PM box is about to blow up...
Pat

·
Gold Bullet member
2,120 Posts
All three are very nice rifles, Mark, very collectable, far beyond your average run of the mill refurb Russian Mosin.
Excellent collection.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I think you have outstanding collection of rifles there. I know a lot of folks who've had a real hard time finding the M24 myself included and paid very heavy when I found one-SDH

·
Copper Bullet member
4,063 Posts
I'm still trying to find the M24... though I'm too cheap to pay heavily when I do. Y'all are right though, that KLP stamp will easily break the $1k barrier at auction. I'd be willing to bet it'd end up around $1200-$1250.

·
Administrator
3,443 Posts
Unstepped SIG M24=Rare. Unstepped SIG M24 KLP=Damn Rare! Very nice find on that one. Congrats!

·
Copper Bullet member
1,739 Posts
Look at the stripes in that stock. :grin: Mark, please don't do anything to those rifles but love them. Promise, okay? No BLO, no sandpaper, no "1/3 mix", nothing. Maybe some more pictures, maybe outside in the snow. :)

·
Premium Member
105,711 Posts
That is a nice one for sure. And, it looks nicely striped. Almost the same that you see on French walnut stocked m/96's.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
What MikeO said...

Congrats Mark! The other two are very cool also and worthy of more mention as well, but that M24, wow. A lot of collectors who've been at it for years are drooling over that one especially.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts