Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW just went and picked up my new FAL...Just found out that the good state of Washington started charging a 10% tax on all out of state firearms purchases!

On a side note, how do I make the bolt stay open?

·
Diamond Member with Oak leaves and Swords
2,934 Posts
There is a BHO in the mag well. Usually there is a lever and pin that latches it manually or by virtue of the follower. See the pics and you will also see what a metric cut is.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,496 Posts
Just found out that the good state of Washington started charging a 10% tax on all out of state firearms purchases!
If you LIVE in the the State of Washington then they actually have the right to charge tax on ALL goods from out of state sold to the end user IF the tax is worded as a sales and USE tax. Nevada has this going on as do MOST other states. Now, if Washington is charging 10% on stuff LEAVING the state, there may be an issue with interstate commerce law. I am about to bounce the state of Maryland on that basis.

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,719 Posts
We are probably going to see more of this as states struggle to make budgets. This has been a gray area as the firearm is usually paid for direct to another state, and the receiving in-state dealer is just acting as an agent with, except for handling fees and what ever Brady is charging, no money for the purchase of the firearm actually changes hands in state. However, as the firearm, or anything for that mater, changes hands in a particular state, the state has the right to tax at the purchase price, plus shipping in some states. Welcome to Hope & Change. Skid

·
Registered
258 Posts
I know this is kind of a silly answer to this problem. I can tell you if you told me about this law and I had to put a receipt in the box for you it would read $1.00 or some silly amount that would end up costing you .10. If I live in another state I am under no obligation to tell Washington State what you paid screw them.

Big Mark

·
Registered
15,269 Posts
If your rifle is a (metric) "FAL" the bolt should lock back as soon as the magazine empties.
(Auto BHO)
If your FAL is actually an L1A1 (inch pattern rifle) then you have to manually push up on the lever in front of the trigger guard while pulling the charging handle back. (Manual BHO).

Your picture seems to show an auto BHO (because of the pin sticking out of the BHO lever) so is this happening?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I know this is kind of a silly answer to this problem. I can tell you if you told me about this law and I had to put a receipt in the box for you it would read $1.00 or some silly amount that would end up costing you .10. If I live in another state I am under no obligation to tell Washington State what you paid screw them.

Big Mark
I agree with this man.

·
Registered
339 Posts

Big Mark
I'd pass if someone asked me to do that...I don't want to participate in an interstate criminal conspiracy scheme involving tax fraud and an evil assault machine gun of death (or how ever it will be phrased..)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts