Gunboards Forums banner
141 - 160 of 178 Posts

· Registered
82 Posts
We did look into seniorty and premium membership as exceptions, and VS I.T. support said it couldn't be done so that ended that.

As to your emails, who are you emailing? As I have not recieved any.

Either way the post count rule is here to stay.

MT
Thanks for answering my post MT. I understand what the forum moderators are trying to do as seems the world is over run with scammers of all flavors. I get 3 calls a day trying to sell me a car warranty or other nonsense. Just venting as I'm not an avid poster as I generally read and use for research but have also bought several items and once introductions are made I generally prefer email with other members as it is much easier for me. Also since the forum changed formats I have been lost and trying to catch back up. I was trying to find where I sent email I referred to in my original post and I actually got reply on 12/22 from California community. It looks like I sent my question to [email protected]. they gave the short version answer of your same explanation.
Moving forward where should a member post or email for help with sight issues? Thanks in advance for the help and I appreciate your time in answering the plethora of posts coming in similar to mine. I appreciate it.

Regards
Dco

· Registered
7 Posts
Miller Tyme,
Thanks for the explanation. Similar to others I joined to purchase items I have been searching for. Specifically I found a listing on Gunboards through RiverofGuns.com. I was surprised that I was not permitted to get the WTS post to entertain the possibility of making a purchase. Hopefully the user agreement will be updated to reflect the changes or possibly a short notice during the registration referring to the required number of meaningful posts. Thank you for what you and the owners are doing.

· Registered
40 Posts
I figured I was going crazy or just completely couldn't figure out the new format until I found this post. I'm mostly a lurker, but had posted some items for sale on the past. Guess I need to work on getting my post count up. Here's hoping the new requirement does cut down on the scamming.

· Registered
10 Posts
I’m replying just acknowledging I too miss being able to see the trader. I don’t always have much to say but I do a lot of reading, shame to be blocked from that info strictly because I don’t have an equal amount to share. Guess I’ll go strike conversation...

· Premium Member
138 Posts
I've sold a couple guns on here - a sword - some ammo. Was going to list a nice Commercial Luger today - couldn't find the forum. Guess I'll have put it over on CMP forums? Too bad - I like the crew here - always so knowledgeable and polite.

· Banned
9 Posts
Im glad I came across this post. I initially registered because of the Trader and I had just assumed the forum was deleted along with the upgrade and only ran a quick search a week or so ago and gave up, thinking it was gone for good. I havent been a member long enough to voice on opinion on how much it does or doesnt make sense but I think there should be an initial splash page going over all the recent changes in an easy to digest form. Seems like you really have to dig to get answers and even a lot of the veterans of this forum arent aware of the changes.

· Administrator
55,793 Posts
Yes Surphound there are release notes in the FAQ section and that is about the extent of communications from the owners, Verticalscope, that you can hope to get. Unfortunately they pretty much ignore us now that the implementation is in their opinion completed.

· Registered
42 Posts
Glad I found the answers here as I inquired via the contact us feature and never got a response. As many have stated the vast majority, almost all probably, of visitors to the forum do not post. Or have a reason to. Most of us, registered or not, spend countless hours just reading. Now we are being penalized for not making a 'meaningful contribution'. This can only get worse.

· Administrator
55,793 Posts
You can blame the scum bag scammers for us having to go to these lengths.

I think all that can be said about this has been covered.

It is what it is you don't have to like it so quite whining

141 - 160 of 178 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.