Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

I'm needing a Type 99 stock set to bring some interpretive life back into one that's had it's stock cut down. Nothing collectible, mint, etc. needed, just complete pieces of solid wood (and corresponding price... ;) ). I'd prefer one made for the metal/cupped butt plate. Please email or PM me.

Thanks,

GK

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 32nd Series Toyo Kogyo; it would certainly be nice to get a proper one, but for the folks I'm doing this for price is more important than matching arsenals.

GK

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Glen,
Glad you are trying to help someone out. Just be aware that you will need an earlier type stock. A Nagoya 7 or a substitute 99 stock won't fit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean with the substitute stock, but could you tell me what I should look out for with a Nagoya 7? Thanks,

GK

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
The Nagoya 7th series , for the most part, i.e. except the first and last 5k or so , have a singular shorter rear adjustable sight, about 3/4" shorter, so the inletting does not fit, neither does the handguard.

Hope this helps.

·
Banned
1,237 Posts
i might have a stock set available. the stock was duffle cut but the handguard was left alone. looks really nice though and the cut is under the band so it cant be seen when its together. in fact, i didnt know it was cut until i took it apart to clean it. stock has all of the metal parts too. its an early style stock from a toyo kogyo rifle i think. email me if interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts