Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Perferebly one without the crappy mag spring that prevents drop of mag, and with small trigger guard.
Matching number perfered, but not too importannt depending on price. i'd rather have better shaped gun that number don't match, then crappy gun with matching number

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i should be more specific as to what I was looking for. Because simply "early model" can be very expensive.

What i am looking for is the one built BEFORE December, 1939, which is when magazine retention spring was added. I was under impression that retention spring was introduced at the same time as enlarged trigger guard, which I was wrong.
I don't mind enlarged trigger guard. infact, i think it sort of charactrize the Type14 most people know.
But one without retention and with enlarged trigger guard is going to be even harder to find, as i understand now that they were implemented in September, 1939, makes large trigger guard without retention spring only manufactured for 4 months.

I just don't want one with spring rentioner. And earlier the gun, i think finish is generally better(i.e. Less tool mark and such)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts