Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace a busted commercial 1950's Husky stock that went on a small ring mauser in 8mm. Needs a high check rest (it has a European high side mount & rings) for a right handed shooter. Walnut, laminated, or whatever is fine. Let me know what you have & what you are asking for it. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a Husqvarna small ring Mauser stock. This used the SR Mauser action developed by HVA which replaced the M98 ejector box on the left rear of the stock with a simple tab which moved up and down to release the bolt. A cut could be made to accept the ejector box of a standard SR M98 Mauser. This stock has a slender fore end with a schnauble tip, one of the more graceful HVA stocks. It is checkered and has 1in. sling swivels installed. It's guard screws holes are standard M98 spaced. It is walnut, not beech or elm. It's dusty and a little dirty from standing in a friends attic for about 30 years. Does your rifle have standard M98 action dimensions (other than the SR receiver)? Is there any info stamped into the barreled receiver: Mfg., trade logo, model number?

I'd hate to send this out on a "no return basis" and not have it fit, but, I'm selling due to poor health and can't do more than unload what I've got. Please let me know, I have four FN/HVA sporting rifles as I like them and want this stock in the right hands. Thanks, Bill.

·
Registered
14 Posts
:)
I have a Husqvarna small ring Mauser stock. This used the SR Mauser action developed by HVA which replaced the M98 ejector box on the left rear of the stock with a simple tab which moved up and down to release the bolt. A cut could be made to accept the ejector box of a standard SR M98 Mauser. This stock has a slender fore end with a schnauble tip, one of the more graceful HVA stocks. It is checkered and has 1in. sling swivels installed. It's guard screws holes are standard M98 spaced. It is walnut, not beech or elm. It's dusty and a little dirty from standing in a friends attic for about 30 years. Does your rifle have standard M98 action dimensions (other than the SR receiver)? Is there any info stamped into the barreled receiver: Mfg., trade logo, model number?

I'd hate to send this out on a "no return basis" and not have it fit, but, I'm selling due to poor health and can't do more than unload what I've got. Please let me know, I have four FN/HVA sporting rifles as I like them and want this stock in the right hands. Thanks, Bill.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts