Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Wards version of a Marlin .22 rifle that needs a bolt group, trigger group and barrel band. Wards sold it as a Westpoint model 45. It looks like a shorter version of the Marlin model 60, but with a 9-shot tubular magazine. Some of the Marlins had a handguard like an M-1 carbine. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I know a guy who just picked up a cheap Model 60. I think he got it to fix another one. I'll check with him and see if he is indeed going to part it out and get back to you.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
AKfan, wanted to get back to you. I guess the Marlin that guy picked up was complete enough that he fixed it instead so I came up empty, sorry couldn't be of better help. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
192 Posts
For what the parts you need will cost you + the trouble finding them it would be easier to just buy a new model 60 unless the one your fixing has sentimental value.Also the model you have is notorious for having a slew of feeding problems unlike a plain model 60 why I don't know though.

TM

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For what the parts you need will cost you + the trouble finding them it would be easier to just buy a new model 60 unless the one your fixing has sentimental value.Also the model you have is notorious for having a slew of feeding problems unlike a plain model 60 why I don't know though.

TM
Belonged to Dad. He's gone a little over a year now. It was his favorite, not for reliability, but for accuracy. He made some great shots with it. I'll keep trying to get it running again for sentimental value.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Marlin/Glenfield equivilant model # is 75C
It will work out to be the cheapest to buy a complete carbine and cannibalize it to restore the one you have.
I am particularly familiar with that model because it was the first gun I owned. Bought it new 35 years ago this Thanksgiving Friday for the sum of $25 and it included a Glenfield branded scope.
Watch out because there are two generations of these, Numrich's catalog shows this and details the difference.
There is also a 75C that has the mag tube that extends about to the muzzle. I had the nine round version like yours.
I foolishly included mine in a trade for something else I just had to have. I keep watching for another to replace it now that I am old LOL.
Good luck with your quest. This is one of the best Trader boards on the internet, also watch gunshows, online auction sites, and there is also a board called 'Rimfire Central' that you might watch. HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts