Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
FAl reciever

I've got one, it's on a FAL at the moment. But that can change. I paid $300 from century. it's a one "bra" receiver. I need a two "Bra" receiver. I've got the tools to change them. If your interested, I live in Texas City(I believe your in the austin area)???
YOU could possible come over and help me take it off the gun and save your self freight.
I have a FFL and I would have to do a NICS check(sorry, it's a receiver).
Pat

·
Registered
62 Posts
two bra receiver

The two bra receiver is one where it will feed the bullets from the double stack mag. into the chamber. There are groves cut into the receiver kinda like a womans bra. A one bra receiver is a receiver with only one ramp for the bullets to go up into the chamber. The light machine guns had this kind of receiver(belt fed.)
NOw that's how I understand it. your mileage may vary. I'm not sure what to do about this receiver, keep it or more it on. It could be your call.
Pat

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, the dreaded century unibrow. I have a single feed ramp on my L1A1, STG-58 is a double, never had any feeding issues with the L1A1 though. And the ramp isn't modified in any manner. Are you having issues with yours?

·
Registered
62 Posts
receiver from century

Yes, I'm having feeding isues with my receiver. I 've got one mag. that feeds about 90 %.
but thats all ANd yes, I've got about a dozen mag.s
Also the receiver is a little too long. I'm working on getting the mag.s to stay in the back of the receiver or toward the front. There's only about 1/8" gap.
Pat

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes I'll be passing on that receiver.. have you tried polishing it up a little and giving it more or less gas from the regulator? I mean it Should work reliably, just requires some messing with.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a GL Imbel receiver and a G1 parts kit for sale on the FalFiles. I would like $625 shipped for the whole kit-n-kaboodle. The receiver is barelled and headspaced. It shoots really well, no FTE or FTF. 5 Extra buttstocks, 5 pistol grips, 5 buttplates, 2 gas pistons, and return springs are included. I can send you pics if you want.

·
Registered
62 Posts
fal parts and reciever

could you send me pictures, I live in Texas City. Three hours from austin.(My second wife graduated from UT.) I'm off weekends.(actually Thursday also)(I'm retired but working part time.)
[email protected]
Pat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts