Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Douglas I. Kerley
Posted - 04/29/2004 : 12:02:20 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi; A friend bought 150 boltless 8mm TSs. Any idea where he could get bolts? I know that the ejector is moved on the 8mms so the 6.5-7.35 bolts will not interchange. Is he just stuck? Doug

NebrHogger
Posted - 04/29/2004 : 3:07:11 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Springfield Sporters is trying to get up & running again. Recently, I looked around on their new site and saw they had their list for Carcano completed. They listed some different bolts, but I didn't look too closely at what they were. The site also encourages calls for items not listed. If you scare up some bolts, PM me with price of the Carcano. SW

Carcano
Posted - 05/04/2004 : 08:57:42 AM
Originally posted by Douglas I. Kerley

Hi; A friend bought 150 boltless 8mm TSs. Any idea where he could get bolts? I know that the ejector is moved on the 8mms so the 6.5-7.35 bolts will not interchange.
Not correct. Ejector is unaltered. What is altered:
- Bolt face diameter slightly reamed out, extractor may be affected too;
- Bolt retainer stud's (= bolt catch) rear side is cut diagonally;
- Magaziner retainer latch (hook) is often altered.

Big problem for your friend: while normal bent bolts could be adopted to 8mm specs easily, the headspace can pose a major problem. Many 8mm carbines already apparently have excessive headspace, don't know why. Re-setting the barrels is possible, but a lot of effort (one would have to re-align all the sights after the job), and practically not feasible.

If it were just a few guns, trying different bolts would be fun. But with 150 ? Hmmm. May I ask how much he paid (roughly), or is that a secret ?

Douglas I. Kerley
Posted - 05/27/2004 : 01:28:10 AM
HI; Well, I ended up with them. The dregs of the dregs. Broken stocks missing lots of bands. But, a few interesting ones. A number with the Terni Crown and dated 1940. I'll go thru them to check for original 8mm or freshened out 6.5mms (barrel OD). One unnumbered on the barrel and reciever (importers number vibroengraved very lightly), rougher than a cob and no S. Does anyone have a wood lathe to turn out a hundred or two hanguards? Doug

1 - 1 of 1 Posts