Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I last visited...12-31-1969...lets see...I would have been about 12yrs old...shooting a brand spanking new 10-22 Ruger that I got for Christmas. Still got that Ruger... Howdy all on the Makarov Forum!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,354 Posts
Dec. 1969 - That was Christmas and New Year's in VN for me. They flew a spotter plane over our outfit blaring Christmas Carols through their propaganda loudspeaker. Mostly you heard the propellor, felt the heat, and it did not feel like Christmas.

On New Year's eve, at midnight, everybody got to the perimeter and opened up with everything we had; flares, M-60's and 16's, a Real fireworks display. Thinking back about 100 drunken guys with automatic weapons - probably safer there than driving through Seattle at rush hour.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
782 Posts
I was six, my Dad got our first 19" color tv that Christmas. It was the bomb back then. 12 regular channels because no #1 channel and three uhf channels and always something to watch.

ABC, NBC, CBS, & PBS were the only vhf channels we got.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Wow 12 channels??? You must've lived in a big city. We only got 2 UHF channels! I remember the summer of '69 we went to my grandmother's house in Cincinnati to watch the Apollo 11 moon landing on her color TV. Of course, all the video feeds from the moon were in black & white!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I was a very happy go lucky 7 year old boy and was the center of attention in our house with my two much older brothers and was my Daddy's pride and joy. Happy days.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
I thought 1969 was a decade or two too early for Black Sabbath/Ironman?:confused:

I remember buying my first 45 single, Three Dog Night's Joy to the World somewhere along then, but I think even that was in the early '70s.

SlimTim

·
Registered
430 Posts
I thought 1969 was a decade or two too early for Black Sabbath/Ironman?:confused:
SlimTim
Ozzy's a little bit older than you think. I remember my high school age brother cranking up Black Sabbath, Zeppelin and Grand Funk in 69. Thay all hit the scene at about that time.
Bad influence for a 7 year old.

Can't place smilies in the text, darn it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
a good year

14 and more than happy to work my tail off helping my older sister move out (she got married) so I no longer had to hear Elvis. Black Sabbath, Oh yeah. 69 or early 70's wasn't it? The 70's were good. Long live Pink Floyd!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts