Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
SA marked, all original matching m38 have brought that much several times before. Wait until you see what an SA marked m44 will do..........Not everyone is a cheapass C&R guy.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I'm cheapass I admit:) .

Still, that didn't prevent me from forking out for an M28-76 a week ago.

Keith (Might get another one soon, too.)
I'm definately on the other end of the scale....
I would'nt give $500 for one of those "sporterized Mosin Nagants" M28-76 without a doubt!
The Importer is still SITTING on way-way to many of these--they will move SSLLOOWWLLYY without a doubt for the kind of money they are asking for them...
I made this call wellllll before they where for sale to the public and many people though different--time will tell, but if they are wanting to move them, they are going to have to come way down in price.

To further my thoughs on the M28-76's---Look at Sarco and there large import of Swedish Mauser shooting guns (cg63/cg80's) for the most part are less expensive the the M28-76's--And for darn sure there are a lot more people that would hop on board with a target mauser then a target Mosin Nagant without a doubt....Yeaaa, sarco still has stock last I checked several years later--I just think both of these "target" varieties take a special person to purchase them, and with the quanities brought in by the Importers, they paid to much for them!

Now a non-import M38 [SA] marked gun---the buyer paid a fair price as far as I am concerned---Yea, my bets also that a M44 [SA] would bring more condition for condition.....My bets are a nice [SA] M44 would be hard pressed to stay under the 4 digit figure.

BAF

·
Gold Bullet Member
10,013 Posts
"Wait until you see what an SA marked m44 will do.........."

I saw one on auction a couple years ago & it went for a very fair price(read cheap..) of around $600.00, if I recall correctly. I have been wanting an SA M44 for a few years now & will spend the dinero when I find one for sale...

Pahtu.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,554 Posts
Looks like fair money to me. If anyone doesn't think so, then just go down to your local shop and try to buy one like it. ;)

Congrats to the winner, nice rifle.

·
Gold Bullet Member
10,013 Posts
Yes, alks207, there are deals to be had all over the place. i have seen a recent auction or two of a D stamped M38 that has for sure served in Finland, It sold for a very reasonable amount because folks did not recognize it's history(cept the buyer...)

Education & the right place and the right time...

Pahtu.

·
Registered
816 Posts
It is a very nice find for the serious Finn collector with a hole to fill...I missed it...and would have bid on it...alot, maybe, but $ are all relative...the real question is this...does it "sing" for you...and the clincher is, could you sell it for at least as much as you paid for it..the answer to the first question is highly individualized and subjective...the answer to number two is a definite, yes.
Flakshield

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Shouldn't be too long before SA stamps show up on e-bay
It'd take a a good bit more than that, but I don't doubt some people will eventually try. I think in the future those that have good records of the sale and even previous sales/owners history on things like SA marked M38's will better be able to prove they have one that is the real thing.

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,534 Posts
The force was with me. :) When I saw the one I ran across at a Crossroads show a few months back, I went into a trance. My only focus was to get the $475 the guy was asking.

It took me 2 hours, paying parking a second time, and seeing less of a show than I have ever seen to get it. And, it had a Navy carbine sling as well.

Focus. It's all about focus.

Not to mention nobody else picked it up while I was gone getting the money :cool:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.