Gunboards Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems a little bit ridiculous that this forum is constantly being overhauled...I'm getting tired of having to re register on what seems like a weekly basis, only to have to re input all of my profile info and the like...not to mention the fact that the past threads always disappear...
getting a little old...

·
Super Moderator / Silver Bullet member
2,192 Posts
I'll tell you what's getting old is seeing you Bitch about every little thing that goes on.There has been a lot of time, effort , and money put into getting the Gunboards family where it is today. All you do is whine and complain. I say if you don't like it go talk away on your OWN board. Nuff said on this subject.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'll tell you what's getting old is seeing you Bitch about every little thing that goes on.There has been a lot of time, effort , and money put into getting the Gunboards family where it is today. All you do is whine and complain. I say if you don't like it go talk away on your OWN board. Nuff said on this subject.
Well said. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I apologize for the harsh tone of my first post...
I guess i should have exercised a bit more tact in voicing my concerns. I suppose it would have been a bit more cordial if I had simply stated that I was sad to see that all the information in all of the threads form the last attempt at re-vamping the forum has been lost. As this has been occurring on a more frequent basis...I was a bit frustrated to see that the page was once again void of threads and that the archive was now gone.
I would hesitate to describe this as seeing me "Bitch about every little thing that goes on...", but it's your forum.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just read the message to all members...
I wonder who made the suggestion to use the web-whiizz software? I would think that the size of the membership and traffic would have been taken into account before a software license purchase and a switch...now it seems that this reincarnation of the board is a band-aid on a gaping wound...and another switch is in the works.
Much like NVA-Panzer, I would have liked to have had a heads-up...but it doesn't sound like it would have made much difference...especially in light of another switch.
Regarding tucos comments about the strength of the board and that it will be around for much longer is nice...I hope it's true. The years I've spent here have been great.
i'm not quite sure what sniper69 means by "but you could still access the old board and copy and paste stuff that you wanted." According to Tucos post...all the old info is lost.
I'm also a bit alarmed that a member isn't allowed to gripe about a situation without being called on the carpet for "bitching"...No bitching here, just griping...something we all do...
Here's to hoping that the problems do get ironed out.
Makdaddy...I don't see the point in going to my own board to complain about an issue here...that would seem counter productive.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I<snip>
i'm not quite sure what sniper69 means by "but you could still access the old board and copy and paste stuff that you wanted." According to Tucos post...all the old info is lost.
<snip>
grossmacht,
Is the old info lost??? :confused: If you go to the old board at http://www.gunboards.com/forums/default.asp it looks like a lot of posts to me. Of course I could be mistaken.

So that is what I meant by "but you could still access the old board and copy and paste stuff that you wanted." Also the link in my previous post explains why the forum was upgraded. vbulletin (the current software being used now) is great forum software and something I feel will work well for all of us here at gunboards for a long time.

I hope the link helps. Maybe a cd could be made of the old posts/archive so that if people wanted to pony up a few dollars they could have a cd of all the posts from the old forum. Just a thought...

:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i had the same problem as NVA_Panzer when accessing the old site...as i read Tucos pos before leaving my original comment.
As For the old info being lost...I should have clarified that with login info, ranks etc...which isn't that much of a big deal. As for copying and pasting the old posts....that seems a bit labor intensive to me...which is why i tried to look at the archive...which is of course for this newest incarnation of the forum which has only the new posts.

Regarding Makdaddy's advice...
"All you do is whine and complain. I say if you don't like it go talk away on your OWN board. Nuff said on this subject."
Perhaps i should copy and past all of my old posts to the new forum...or just to my own...who knows.
-d

·
Registered
104 Posts
As for copying and pasting the old posts....that seems a bit labor intensive to me...
That's one reason I think a cd of the old site would be a good idea. But who knows if it is a good idea or not - I'm just thinking out loud. :)

·
Super Moderator / Silver Bullet member
2,192 Posts
Makdaddy...I don't see the point in going to my own board to complain about an issue here...that would seem counter productive.

I am not saying complain on your board-- I'm saying if ours sucks so much, I am inviting you to stay on yours-- It is hopping so much with action, I don't see how you can find the time to be here anyway--
OR Just qiutcherbitchin' and stay here and play nice--Nuff said.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Bitchin,Bitchin,Bitchin.

Over the years there is more complaining,bitchin & general belly-aching on this forum about seemingly everything under the sun. If this is what this forum is all about then to continue the theme then I recommend we all begin another round of "Gowen bashing" as a good start.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.