Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
They don't pop up too often, and the few I've seen have been black so perhaps the buyer NEEDED a brown one. Whatever the case thats a lot of coin!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Real nice ad. Don't think I would want to scrape on it though.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
Stop it! I haven't been looking lately so I can save some $$, but these auction posts are tempting me!

·
Registered
477 Posts
300 plus for a muzzle cover?? And people call me silly for spending a ten spot on a Sake cup! I know its rare, but that is still mucho dinero.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
In the late 80s, I bought a nice, school-marked 20th Series T-38 rifle that had one of these covering the muzzle. Got the rifle, cover and a sling, all for $90.

C/

·
Registered
477 Posts
I guess it goes to show that Ebay, with all its restrictions and gun- and military hatred, still is the place to find rare stuff, and is also the place to get top dollar for stuff too. Hope that changes someday.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Another one for the record book.

Though I guess with the common plastic cover at about $100, $300 isn't too much for a rare cover.

I'm glad I don't collect covers; well except for a couple for the T44 carbine!

Shown below are the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd type T44 carbines with covers; the cover for the 2nd and 3rd type bayonet housings are the same.

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
I would rather take the money and buy a nice mummed and matching rifle rather than a piece of resin that could be swallowed by the family dog... or kid, if you have one of those kids.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
I would rather take the money and buy a nice mummed and matching rifle rather than a piece of resin that could be swallowed by the family dog... or kid, if you have one of those kids.
And, someone else would use that money to buy a lump of crack. It's all about what you want and are willing to pay for it. I like to tease the sake cup fairies but it's what they like & more power to em. (still doesn't make them any less gay) ;)
Me, I'da been happy to add that cover to my collection!

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice Don, 1500 dollars worth of muzzle covers you don't see to often.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,369 Posts
While you may succeed, you will be hard pressed to get a NICE mummed matching rifle for that much. Considering how few of these are around, it probably is not too much.

·
Registered
442 Posts
What I would like to know is if anyone else has one of these brown covers that looks like the muzzle end has been popped out and stuck back in with glue like this example looks? I have 4 black and 1 brown one that are all nice and smooth on the muzzle end, with no mold marks as this one has. I guess what I'm trying to say, is in my opinion, this example looks like it was broken and then pieced back together. I have just never seen one made this way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts