Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Mine are my favorite bayos thanks to the Capt. That one on Ebay looks like someone ****** up the edge geometry by BuBa sharpening. Is that like the one I have on my 28/30 Capt? Those have a REAL nice blade edge geometry unlike any knife or bayonet I've seen. Makes for a very handsome blade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine are my favorite bayos thanks to the Capt. That one on Ebay looks like someone ****** up the edge geometry by BuBa sharpening. Is that like the one I have on my 28/30 Capt? Those have a REAL nice blade edge geometry unlike any knife or bayonet I've seen. Makes for a very handsome blade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I forget if you have a 28/30 or 28/30-35 I have to check or shoot me a pic.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't realize Alsky started a thread on this one. Also A M/39 Sold for $1425.

The M/28-30 and M/28-30-35 are a whole lot more rare than the M/39. Rare M/39 is a myth in comparison to Finnish Bayonets. Yes 10,000 is low compared to German K98k Bayonets but the M/39 is the third most common Finnish Bayonet. Only the M/28 and M/29 are more common.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one that sold for $990 doesn't have a great edge and was polished to the point of losing the Y in Sk.Y. Not the best example. Good catch Monte. The edge should be sharpened and the tip, but that one has a worn edge. Yours is much nicer Monte.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,120 Posts
Capt:

Just curious...why are you selling your Finn bayonets? Seems like over the last year or two you built up a very nice and very comprehensive collection. Seems a shame to sell but if you do, best of luck on attracting some of the deep pockets!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
man i got rid of mine to soon. didn't get a 1/10th of what these sold for but they went to collector's here so i don't feel the least bit sad and i now they went to good homes of people that wouldn't mess them up by buffing or sharping them. we can only hope the ones sold on Ebay get taken care of the same way.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
I keep all my bayonets in the top of one safe and they rarely see a rifle or the light of day as I have yet to find out how to shoot them? The only place to buy bayonets are a flea market or a yard sale as other prices have gone sky high on them. Bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.