Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypothetically speaking of course, but would any of you consider trading a PSL Dragunov for a CETME? I just wanted to find out the general consensus before I seriously considered the deal.

·
Registered
433 Posts
If you don't like the Drag, sell it then look for a deal on a Cetme. Then you will have $200 -$300 in your pocket for ammo. I wouldn't trade it unless it was + cash.
And a word for the wise, read on how to check Bolt Gap on HK/Cetme Guns before you look for a Cetme. And check it before purchasing.

Although after looking at prices of PSL's you should still see $100-$200 cash. Unless you happen to find a Stainless Receivered Cetme in the first 200 serial range. Then it might be even steven.

gw11

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,901 Posts
I wouldn't trade my CETME in for anything less than the neighbor's brand new Beemer ... and I'd have to give considerable thought first.

I've got one of the very few CETMEs built (likely by mistake) by Century that runs like a Swiss Watch.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mine shoots one minute of angle (1 in. at 100yds.). Far more accurate than my FN FAL. I'll trade it for a Barrett M82A1 50.-- not some cheaply built Dragunov.
PS: (The Yugo Drags seem to be the best and come in better calibers--308 and 8mm Mauser)

·
Silver Bullet member
379 Posts
Funny, I must have the 3rd....

cetme's don't deserve this rep... just guessing based on extensive and un-scientific browsing of the internet leads me to believe that easily half to three quarters are fine rifles. Everyone is afraid of getting a lemon, so the horror stories get amplified by potential buyers fretting over them.

The other 25% of them certainly do justify CAI's reputation for being ham handed hacksmiths though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I posted this thread, I was wondering about if anyone might want to trade a PSL for MY CETME. I have one of the CAI CETME Sporters with the flash hider cut off. It's a great shooter and I have not had any problems with it. I don't really want to get rid of my CETME, but was curious whether a deal like that could be made, and as to which one other people thought was the better rifle... the 7.62x51 CETME or the 7.62x54 PSL. In my opinion, with the 7.62x54 being cheaper, it would be a hard, but tempting choice.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have another excellent CETME - no way I'd trade it off! One MOA if I use good ammo and do my part. Never a hiccup except for a ripped commercial .308Win case once. Learned my lesson and only feed it good 7.62X51 fodder!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I wouldn't trade my CETME in for anything less than the neighbor's brand new Beemer ... and I'd have to give considerable thought first.

I've got one of the very few CETMEs built (likely by mistake) by Century that runs like a Swiss Watch.
Same position here!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.