Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have one rifle in 5.45, an Arsenal ak74 104ur, new in box. I think i would prefer a 104fr instead. I'm not a collector of these, so one for plinking will do. I am not up to date on going prices, so figured I would ask here. Should I expect a straight trade for a new 104fr, expect to trade up, or to trade down? Further, any thoughts on whether or not this is a good trade would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Brent

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
I wouldn't do the trade, though the 104 series have been discontinued by ARSENAL, the UR, are going for much more the FRs.way above the 2K mark

why not SBR it? once you get the approved FORM 1 back, it's just a few minutes to cut the barrel down............that's what I did to my SLR-106ur :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Yeah if I keep it, I'd SBR it for sure. They are both selling for so much money, I'm not sure owning both is still an option for me. Of course, this is a difficult time to put a value on these rifles (which is somewhat subjective anyway), but what do you think the difference in value is, if I were to trade down? Yours looks great, btw!

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
going by GUNBROKER, there is a 104fr with 10 bids that is up to 2,125 with a day before it closes...........104ur bid is has 15 bids that is up to 2,225, and there is 5 days to go. so you might want to bookmark those and find out what the ultimate prices would be.

I know you didn't pay anywhere even close to 2K......just like I didn't pay anything near 1K for mine, which is why I "pulled the trigger" to SBR mine, and never regretted that decision :)

and with a 95 round drum for the AK74, yours can look like mine........except for the caliber :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Looking forward into the future.....You may also want to consider the upcoming political environment on firearms imports as well in your decision. Not sure how long lasting it would be but if you get rid of it and then want to try to replace it at some point later you may regret it. Seems like imports over time always get stopped one way or another and when they do they dont seem to ever come back.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
going by GUNBROKER, there is a 104fr with 10 bids that is up to 2,125 with a day before it closes...........104ur bid is has 15 bids that is up to 2,225, and there is 5 days to go. so you might want to bookmark those and find out what the ultimate prices would be.

I know you didn't pay anywhere even close to 2K......just like I didn't pay anything near 1K for mine, which is why I "pulled the trigger" to SBR mine, and never regretted that decision :)

and with a 95 round drum for the AK74, yours can look like mine........except for the caliber :D
Yes, I didn't pay anywhere near $2k. Last week, I saw two 104URs go for $3150 each on Gunbroker. Crazy prices! It blows my mind (& warps my decision-making). You're right, I bought it to SBR and enjoy. I need to stay the course. I would probably regret trading it away. Thanks all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.