Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Looks like a fair price for it's condition. Should be usable, might have to find a screw. Just find a rifle in the same condition as the scope and it'll be a perfect match.

·
Premium Member
105,519 Posts
From the looks of the pictures, I think you will be surprised when you get it. Looks like the bluing is just the majority of what's wrong with it. I'd like to see it when you get it.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the intial report. It turns out the rust on the scope is not as bad as shown in the photos. BUT although the optics are clear the scope is slightly out of focus. I do not believe the focus issue has anything to do with a slight crack on the insidefront lens, that was not mentioned by the seller .My quess is that someone tried to repair/replace a broken lens and messed up the lamination of the two front lenses together or used the wrong glass. The reticle is ok as is the rear lens. The turrets at 100m do not leave the reticle as high in the scope picture as is normal for a pem at 100 m.They do work as they should and i think the reticle postion can probably be fixed by loosening the screws and in a manner similar totheone you would use with a pu. .worth 300, probably not... more like 200 given the work that need to be done. 100 as a parts scope woud have been a good deal

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,811 Posts
the intial report. It turns out the rust on the scope is not as bad as shown in the photos. BUT although the optics are clear the scope is slightly out of focus. I do not believe the focus issue has anything to do with a slight crack on the insidefront lens, that was not mentioned by the seller .My quess is that someone tried to repair/replace a broken lens and messed up the lamination of the two front lenses together or used the wrong glass. The reticle is ok as is the rear lens. The turrets at 100m do not leave the reticle as high in the scope picture as is normal for a pem at 100 m.They do work as they should and i think the reticle postion can probably be fixed by loosening the screws and in a manner similar totheone you would use with a pu. .worth 300, probably not... more like 200 given the work that need to be done. 100 as a parts scope woud have been a good deal
I still say you did pretty darn good. If you dont want it let me know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.