Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a lot of late war 99's recently and noticed that they all seemed to have the same nail pattern in the buttplate: one in the top-middle, one in the bottom-middle, and one in the middle toward the right. That's all I'd ever seen until last night when I ran across an all matching 34th TK (ground) for sale at my gun club. The middle nail is over toward the left! I searched the net for more buttplate photos and found only one other like that. (Unfortunately I didn't have enough cash on me last night or I'd be able to post a photo today!)

Is that "middle-left" nail configuration rare / uncommon or am I just missing something??

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts
I don't think it matters; maybe just a brain bubble.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I guess there are plenty of "lefties" out there! By the way, thanks for the photo of the 27th with the inlet for a metal buttplate! I haven't seen one of those before.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would you believe that I picked up an early 27th at the Jacksonville show last year!
I've got to stop taking naps at the club table. It probably walked right by me. :( Oh well, at least it went to a good home. Between you and Steve Schaefer, though, there's not much chance of ANY decent "walk in" Arisakas leaving a Jax Prime Osborn show!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
My 27th series in the 14,000 range is on the left. (one of your slings too by the way:thumbsup:)

Wood

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.