Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was using the old site yesterday. Couldn't get on it today. Kept trying throughout the day. I was on ParallaxBill's and I saw a post about the new site. There was no link. Just kept reworking the old address. My short-cut that I used to use clearly was the problem. I am back now and glad to be here. Lightening fast. Just wondering did I miss some announcement on the old board about the move?

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,380 Posts
No, it wasn't announced. It wasn't supposed to open so soon, but several people found it so Vic threw his hands up and let us have at it. ;) There was a mass e-mail that went out after that happened though.

I found it by going through the link on the Gunboards.com home page as my bookmark wasn't working either.

·
Super Moderator
6,319 Posts
I think there are a bunch of Lost Members out there. I was emailed by several who asked what happened to the site; the link is dead. It's too bad that hitting the old link doesn't redirect folks.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that if you had a shorcut that took you to the forum and not the home page you did not find it. Only after reading the post on ParallaxBill's did I try in earnest to locate the new site. Really not a new address but I am sure many people used shortcuts which did not go to the home page but to the forums. This saved paging. Also I never received an e-mail.

The speed on this site is absolutely incredible.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I believe that the DNS (Domain Name System) records got updated faster than expected. In non-geek terms, this means that the old links were suddenly no longer valid as they were "pointed" at the wrong machine.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Found the site from another members post on the old boards about suspected spam. Others that replied told him it was to the new boards and poof here I am.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Like North bender said I think alot of members didn't make it to the new boards. I know of at least one who had me email Vic for him.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Every time I've had trouble getting onto this site I've checked Parallax Bills mosin nagant site. I always find the answer there.

Vern

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Google linked me here instead of the old board.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Old link didn't work and gave one of the "page doesn't exist" messages. I just typed in www.gunboards.com and navigated like always.

Web browsers actually tell you a lot in the error messages. You just have to look.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,793 Posts
Hit the usual link and here I was.

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts
Every one of you who could not find us had made two errors.

1. You never went to Gunboards.com and hit the forum link

2. You never read any of the annoucements posted on the old boards about the move or the password issues.

Shame Shame....:confused:

·
Administrator
19,249 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I sent them to all members and those who had bad mail address's did not get them obviously.
I got mine! :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts