Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just won this so I don't have it yet. I'll post a better photo of it when it arrives. It does have writing on the back so it will be interesting to find out what that says.

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
15,653 Posts
They seem pretty happy; probably cause they have rifles and not shovels to dig that ditch.

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
Groan! I see I got competition now...
I >almost< placed a bid on this one before it closed this morning.

Speaking of photos, I have a few I need to scan and post.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it. Didn't realize how small it is so my photo of it ain't much better than the one on the auction. Hopefully Okiedokie may be able to make something out of the writing on the back. Looks like part of it was erased at some time.
Yep CW, I like these too & this seller comes up with some good ones. I got that Cav. trooper photo from him as well.

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
Huh, looks like they have two or three of mine as well (only got to page 50 out of 178).
I think the websites members are grabbing them off eBay as I have yet to scan and post the photo.

If you want to watermark your images, you need to have some form of photo editing software. I use Photoshop, but there are other (and cheaper) programs out there.

I think watermarking might be a moot point if they are grabbing them off eBay. Can't stop them from doing that. I guess the only thing you can do is be vigilant, check sites like ww2incolor often and complain till they remove it.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have Photoshop but must admit that I'm not that well versed in it except for editing, cropping and resizing.
Geeze, I don't have the time to go through all of those pages on that site.
Oh well, at least I own the originals.

·
Gold Bullet member
6,133 Posts
Yo dawgs, nice photo !!
The penciled in comments on the back says, "Towards Machurian, towards Manchuria. Marching in the rain."
I don't see too much of an issue with that website. I rather think it's great that all these photos can be viewed by anyone on one access. It may PO some photo owners that got their photo image lifted off, but what the heck, the key for the owner is owning the original photo, not being secretive about the images. After all, we all show off our collection photos too.

There was this guy on another forum that I was helping alot on translating his stuff and ID'ing his swords. He had some neat pilot's photos which I asked him for electronic images so I can keep in my digital file, and he sends me the photos with a huge watermark of his stupid name plastered right smack across the image of the pilot. He wouldn't even think of taking the watermark off for my image collection file, I guess I was not to be trusted. The photos with the watermark has no meaning for me in my collection, and I told him so, his come back being that I was quickly wearing off any appreciation he held for me. So much for helping out this guy.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mucho Thanky Edokko! That is pretty cool. I like the bamboo walking stick the one fella has. Looks like they are sharing some dirty jokes ;)

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
Hey Edokko, I don't mind sharing my photos, but that particular website allows people to purchase reprints for a fee. Shouldn't I get a cut if they use my photos? Likewise, with a bit of work, reprints could be passed off as originals. I know there is quite a problem with fake Civil War photos floating around.

Regarding the guy with the pilot photos, ya, that sounds like a real douchebag.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,653 Posts
60+ year old photos, multiple copies possible= dang hard to police.

That said, thanks to all of you who graciously allowed me to publish your photos in the upcoming T 99 book, without watermark, but with credit!

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
Takehito, they stole or lifted my photos off this site. They were never on ebay. At the least they should ask permission. As CW stated they then use the photos to sell or is that a "donation" toward their site. Sorry but in my opinion it's plain wrong. I put up my photos (will never do that again) to share with you guys not everyone & their mother.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts