Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this was touched on in the not so distant past. I attempted to search for the thread I believe existed, however, with no success. However, I can't remember the consensus. Which of the two is the preferred choice? And why? Thanks much in advance.

·
Registered
430 Posts
From all reports the Military Classic is good stuff. Also, recent Wolf manufactured ammo is OK too in Maks. Some CZ-82's do have a problem digesting it however.

The stuff you want to stay away from is the old Wolf 109 grained ammo. The most squib proned 9x18 ammo ever manufactured.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm finishing up 1000 rounds of Wolf 100g FMJ (black box, cone head bullet) which works flawlessly in my Maks, and ALMOST flawlessly in my CZ-82. Every once in a while (about 1 out of a box of 50) the CZ would only partially feed a round, and just the slightest tug on the slide freed the round and let things continue.

Midway shows the 100g Wolf as out of stock/no backorder, which may mean either that it's no longer made, or no longer imported, or just not close enough to delivery for them to take backorders. In any event, they have the Military Classic in stock, and I just received 1000 rounds yesterday. I expect that it will function flawlessly in the Maks, and also in the CZ which has been flawless with every round nosed bullet I've tried, lead or jacketed.

North Bender has data for tons of Mak ammo, including the Classic round, in the ammo sticky at the top of this forum.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Speaking of Wolf 109gr. ammo, here in town this weekend we are having a little rinky dink gun show at the civic center. Saw one Mak an IJ-70 .380 in fair shape for $250.
Also another vendor had nearly a case of the old and infamous Wolf 109 for $8.00 a box. I couldn't leave there fast enough.:eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts