Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody try this stuff?It's steel case.Any problems with it?Should I stick with surplus like Lake City?

·
Gold Bullet member
1,220 Posts
Works fine in an M1. Just don't try shooting in the Ruger Blackhawk 30 carbine. Steel cases tend to stick to the point you have to take the cylinder off and drive the cases out.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,858 Posts
Yes - dirty but works

G

·
0 Posts
I had wolff ammo work in my NPM carbine for a little while. But then it broke 4 extractors in very short order. It deffinately wasn't my gun being dirty either, I keep it very clean, but this ammo was probably sticking in the chamber from the polymer coating it has. I won't use it again, I don't care how expensive brass cased carbine ammo gets cause that's what I'm using from now on.
Also like campperrykid said, it is dirty, weak, slow and has poor accuracy...at least in my carbine.

·
Silver Bullet member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help.I knew about the dirty part from using 7.62x39 made by them.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Obviously if you have LC .30 Carbine it's alot better than Wolf, but am not sure where you'd find it if it isn't already in your closet. Either S&B or Aguila is better than the Russian steel-cased stuff. Of course, more expensive too.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,858 Posts
Like anything else, you get what you pay for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts