Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WJF insert barrel (updated for Kriggevaer! :)
Printed from: Gunboards
Topic URL: http://old.gunboards.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=225480
Printed on: 09/10/2007
Topic:
Topic author: Pettson
Subject: WJF insert barrel (updated for Kriggevaer! :)
Posted on: 05/04/2007 3:42:20 PM
Insert barrel for target practice, made by WJF. The main target (haha!) for this product should have been the FSR folks, but since it could be ordered for any barrel length it could be adapted for most any rifle.
Two basic versions were offered, one for 6,5x55, .308 or .30-06, made for the little indoor 4mm M20 cartridge. The other one for .308 or .30-06, chambered for .22LR.
The one pictured below is the .22 version, for .30-06.

Download Attachment:
63.78 KB

Download Attachment:
147.56 KB

Download Attachment:
78.42 KB

The kit comes with five steel cartridges. These are loaded with the practice cartridge and the "striker head" is fitted on top of that...

Download Attachment:
83.89 KB

...in this order. The short green handled rod (that looks like it came from RCBS?) is for extracting the spent case from the insert cartridge.

Download Attachment:
92.08 KB

Front end of insert barrel. One of the steel cartridges is fitted to the barrel (unloaded!) and inserted into the rifle's barrel from the breech end. Washer goes on, and then the nut is tightened on top of that.

Download Attachment:
71.74 KB

Breech end of insert barrel, with a loaded insert cartridge next to it.

Download Attachment:
163.84 KB

The two cartridge choices offered with this kit. .22LR and 4mm M20.

Adding to the above...
Those short, German cartridge like adapters were sold in Sweden also, I think I've seen them in old VD catalogues or something. I'll have a look.
And as mentioned in the pantsless man's thread, 4mm M20 barrels were made for both the m/07 and m/40 pistols. The latter was even adopted by the Air Force.
Here some old pictures from my site;

Download Attachment:
36.87 KB

Download Attachment:
85.62 KB

Then there was of course the Almina, also a sub-caliber thingy, well sort of anyway...

Download Attachment:
201.8 KB

Pettson
Replies:
Reply author: kriggevaer
Replied on: 05/08/2007 12:06:06 AM
Well Done, Excellent. The m/07 adapter is very interesting. You mention the German made adapters and I have seen German shooting accessory catalogs from the 1950s period that had many different caliber adapters. I would not be surprised if VD sold such things.

Tack så mycket! Ni har varit mycket hjälpsam. I can see that the pantsless man has been a bad influence on me
I think he may really be a odygdig nisse. My grandmother told me they often don't wear pants

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Oh yes, a good old post!:D

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
And from a Paul Berghaus catalogue... Similar items were also in Vapendepoten and Widforss catalogues of the day.
The rifle subcaliber cartridge is for the 4 mm M20 rimfire, and the 12 gauge for 9 mm Flobert.

Pettson

1 - 3 of 3 Posts