Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
32,030 Posts
Per my sleepy brother-in-law who just passed by (he is a benchrest shooter and does a lot of stuff with www.vintagebenchrest.com)

"That is a Redfield Rail, any Redfield sight will fit on that"

Personally, I would try to find a Redfield "Olympic" "Palma", or "International", not going to be cheap though. CMP has Palmas for $150

http://books.google.com/books?id=FG...=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result#PRA1-PA147,M1

(per this link, looks like Redfield Olympic was OEM for the 52C at least)

Hope this helps

·
Gold Bullet member
2,622 Posts
The peep sight mount in my Win 52, manuf in 1932, is totally different, my peep sight has no brand, it has a deer like in a jumping position engraved on the side and the words Reg US Pat Off.Pic below

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Very neat old sight and very rare. It is a Lyman sight, but I'm not sure of the model designation. It is, or was in its time, a very excellent sight also.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
You have plenty of options available to you...
1.) As mentioned by Fushigi Ojisan, you can keep the Redfield base and use any sight designed to fit it. Redfield Palma is a top notch sight, though they're getting pricey. Expect to pay $150 and up.
2.) Go vintage an use a sight designed for your Speed Lock model 52. You could use a Lyman 48J (like Raul's, BTW love that Balvar scope!), one of the Wittek Vaver sights (they made 2-3 models for your 52), Marbles-Goss built a nice sight and even Parker-Hale offered one (very hard to find). I'd start by looking up Gary Feller's latest ad in SGN or Gun Digest (ex Gun List). Or you can go to his website @ http://www.garyfellers.com/ to get a listing of sights. He's been around forever and has a good reputation. Me, I have a Vaver sight on my 52B. Gotta love that cool micrometer dial!

·
Copper Bullet member
456 Posts
You may want to find an original Winchester rear sight that looks sort of like a miniature Springfield '03 rear sight; but is mounted at the rear of the receiver. It fits into the large dovetail cut in the receiver (this dovetail shows up well in Raul's pic.). This is a flip up peep sight with windage adjusting screws on each side. I have one around somewhere; and will post a pic. of it if I can find it.

Frank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.