Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did they make any? I have seen Remington but never a Winne. What about cost?

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
they made them, as for cost........they go for a ton more then a remington, becuase of the name Winchester

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
both the pattern 1913 and the model 1917 [same except for contract markings] were manufactured by both remington and winchester , according to my sources remington produced over a million and a half m1917s and winchester just under 400000 , also just over half a million P1913 bayos were canceled and remarked as m1917s and i believe they were remingtons , thus fewer and the name recognition gets the winchesters a premium ,

just for fun you might be interested to know there were two variations of the wwI m1917 scabord - one with the belt hook fastened to the rear with a leather patch and the other with it held integraly with the throat plate piece ,
oh , and then there was a wwII plastic version and a VN era plastic version along with that vintage remfgr of the bayos too

·
Registered
299 Posts
And all family... :)

From left to right :
- Remington model w/ 1st type scabbard
- Winchester model w/ 2nd type scabbard
- english P13 re-marked "US"
- dress plated M1917 with "deluxe" wood grips
- shortened M1917 for french army during 50's.

François

·
Registered
299 Posts
During WWII, thanks to USA, french liberation army've got a lot of US17 rifles and P13/M1917 bayonets. France did change for semi-auto rifles and did elaborated its own rifle in 1949 (the MAS49). And of course this rifle came with its own bayonet.
So, what to do with all these old good P13 or M1917 blades? Combat knives, of course...

Shortened blade and scabbard, phosphated finish, deleted muzzle ring, and specific leather hanger... these knives were reglementary for shock troops : paratroopers and Foreign Legion. They could be find during Indochina and Algeria conflicts. The last ones have been seen at Yugoslavian war...

This one is a P13 bayonet.

François

1 - 7 of 7 Posts