Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

I recently picked up this really nice Winchester Model 1917 rifle. I'm not very familiar with these, so I welcome any info you all can give me on it. I'm guessing it's a rebuild, but I'm not sure. It's a Winchester receiver, but every single other part is Eddystone. Did Eddystone contract parts from Winchester, or is it just a typical rebuild? Thanks in advance for any info!

·
Gold Bullet member
1,144 Posts
This rifle was rebuilt at Ogden Utah. Elmer Keith was the inspector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Just wondering on these rebuilds....did they reblue/refinish them? As the WW2 era rebuilds are parkerized were they not? What about these that maintained a blued not parked finish. Are these the original finish or reapplied at rearsenal time.
Very nice rifle! Thanks for sharing and allowing me to ask my question.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wondering on these rebuilds....did they reblue/refinish them? As the WW2 era rebuilds are parkerized were they not? What about these that maintained a blued not parked finish. Are these the original finish or reapplied at rearsenal time.
Very nice rifle! Thanks for sharing and allowing me to ask my question.
This is just a guess, but I'd imagine that if the bluing were in good condition, then they would have no need to go through the trouble parkerizing the metal. Looking at my rifle, the triggerguard is parked and the rest is blued.

·
Registered
250 Posts
almost every single M1917 and pattern 14 was rebuilt several times. My m1917 and pattern 14 are both eddystone mix-masters.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
There's one of these up for auction next month at an auction house not far from me. I'm keeping an eye on it to see what it sells for. There was an Eddystone there a few months back that I almost bid on, but passed up as I thought it would sell for around $1200. It never got above the $750 online bidders bid. I shouldve gone for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts