Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought used for 400.00,its in ex cond.thought it would go good with my Vaquero 45LC,can use same round.It has the cross bolt safety but for the price I couldnt pass.Not sure when made but probably 90s?Good deal?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Getting around to shooting my CBS Mod

See your Winchester Junker and raise you a Marlin. My one and only cross-bolt-safety lever rifle! A Model 94-S in 45 LC. Late eighties era production. Protesting I really didn't want a C.B.S., but just too good a deal to pass up. Yet irony! More than a quarter century later... Still NIB virgin!!!
Several Colt New Service in .45 LC which I formerly enjoyed shooting (before retirement when I had extra time in my life :) ) and ammo supply for them.

Also, a Marlin admirer with small bevy of their rifles 1893 era to 1980.
Good luck with that Win and...
My take

Attachments

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
I too have a MARLIN 1894 lever gun in .45 LC that I use in Cowboy Action shoots. That is really a fine shooting piece. The action is silky smooth and trigger pull is a might over 2 pounds. I use two Cimarron .45's with 4 3/4" barrels and an original Winchester Mod. 1897 12 gauge pump shotgun in these shoots. What a blast !! If I do my part I just can't miss with that Marlin lever gun out to 50 yards. I'm using Trail Boss powder in the Marlin and the Cimarron's.

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,901 Posts
If your 94-AE was made by US Repeating Arms in New Haven, it's a well-made and nice looking rifle. It also has a fatal flaw that renders it inoperative in the field: The link is made of sintered metal. The tab at the forward end of the link holds the rim of the next cartridge in the magazine in place. That tab, made of compressed, powdered metal (instead of forged steel) often breaks off, allowing the magazine to unload into the receiver and block it.

Mine has broken off once already & the link was replaced. I'm hesitant to carry it in the field anymore, not knowing when it will break again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.