Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 1894 to the range today and found out the ass end of the firing pin has sheared off, so the striker is not making contact with the firing pin. I am trying to find a guide on how to remove and replace the firing pin from the bolt, but can not locate any info. Could someone here provide the instructions?

Also, is there anything specific I need to be aware of when looking for replacements, or did the firing pin design remain the same throughout the 94's life? My gun is a saddle ring carbine manufactured in 1903.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
not hard, you will need several small punchs and a small screw driver. on the left side of the action,on the upper left is a small screw. take it out and insert the right size punch in the small hole in the same location on the right side and push the pin out and then the breech block will come out the rear(may need to be wiggled a little). to release the firing pin you will have to drive the firing pin retention pin out.(use the right diameter punchs) and don,t mush the pins. you will have to get the right firing pin for a old 1894 winchester as i don,t think the newer ones will be right. let me know if you run into trouble and i will take one of my rifles down to walk you thru it. eastbank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.