Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
12,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen:

Back on May 5th, I posted “Type 38 Rifle with Bringback Papers & Japanese Personal Effects” found here:

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...panese-Personal-Effects&p=1327523#post1327523

In the post I wrote, “Can anyone please provide more translations and identifications? Is the two-sided card with the ink-stamps a pass? A ration coupon? Pay sheet? Is the money found in the wallet, a lot or a little (at that time)? How about the yellow and blue colored card? Thanks!”

I was really hoping to get some help translating the Japanese documents and identifying the personal objects, but other than seinen’s translation of the business card (Thanks again Chip!), I came-up empty. :cry:

In hopes that if I ask nicely, those fluent in Japanese will come to my rescue, can some one PLEASE. PRETTY PLEASE help me? :);)

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Lots of photos at the original post, here are just two:

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you are still looking for help with the items you originally posted, I have been told that red document is a bank book for the Kumamamoto branch of a bank (could not find name of bank) on Kyushu showing deposts and withdrawals made in 1942 & 1943 - unfortunaetly could not read the name of the account owner.

·
Gold Bullet member
6,121 Posts
I looked into the older thread, and the red booklet is actually a postal savings deposit booklet for a girl's high school student named Adaniya Ikuko of Shuri-city, Okinawa. Makes one wonder what happened to her...
Seems like the postal savings network had their Kumamoto branch of Kyushu cover Okinawa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.