Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. Weighing my options in how I want to approach this.

how readily available/common are M73b1’s? Do they pop up quite often on eBay or gunbroker? Might buy an 03a4 that doesn’t have a scope and I’m wondering if I should just wait and get the whole thing together. Also, are genuine m73b1’s running about 1k or so, or are they more than that.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,278 Posts
m73b1's are common. they sell around 800-1200 depending on condition although you will find plenty of people asking 1400-1800. a crappy little scope imo. if your a-4 is a rebuild, most are, look for a m84..still crap but slightly better crap imo We built the first atomic bomb in ww2 but could not master the production of a superior sniper scope. lol Probably the best option would be a Lyman. What a embarrassment , soldiers put their lives on the line walking around with two foot long leaky Unertl's and mini weaver scopes that were one step above a civil war tube sight. Even the Russians had better optics.

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
I was recently looking for a mount (and the right rings) to put a free-to-me original M73B1 on a 'restored' 03A4 'target' rifle (It spent since the 50's with a Williams target sight on it).

I ran across repop M73 scopes AND correct-ish mounts for sale together in the four and a quarter range. The repop M73s on their own go for about Tree Eiddy.

On a related topic: Does anybody know where I can get the little piece that screws down between the turrets on an M73 and has the two tabs that drag on the turrets to retain their position? One of the tabs on my M73B1 is broken off.

·
Silver Bullet Member
6,557 Posts
Original mounts and rings are the difficult items to find. Scopes come up on eBay periodically but they are pricey as mjmd mentioned. It's crazy spending so much on a piece of crap scope....but we collectors will do it anyway!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.