Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
98,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The news says a guy with a bow and arrows went all Robin Hood in Norway and killed several people and hurt others with his "old fashioned" weapon.

Anybody want to guess what the hoplophobes will now be after? In Norway, Sweden, Denmark - or here in the USofA? Special license to buy and possess a bow? Register it? Limit on how many and what kind of arrows a person can buy and possess? Prohibitions on carrying a bow in public? I can see it now.

·
Silver Bullet member
52,294 Posts
The news says a guy with a bow and arrows went all Robin Hood in Norway and killed several people and hurt others with his "old fashioned" weapon.

Anybody want to guess what the hoplophobes will now be after? In Norway, Sweden, Denmark - or here in the USofA? Special license to buy and possess a bow? Register it? Limit on how many and what kind of arrows a person can buy and possess? Prohibitions on carrying a bow in public? I can see it now.
got new one 90% let off..my old one and grand sons...arrow many

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
98,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think there should be commonsense bow control. Nobody needs a quiver that holds 30 rounds
Well, maybe not. But what if some of them are broadheads?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I'd say Slow Joe would start with the crossbows, then with time move to compounds, recurves, etc.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Hold on now fellas! The sliver slingers haven't any 'ASSociation' to defend against the oncoming legislation directed towards them do they? Wayne and his pals are missing in action here I think.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hold on now fellas! The sliver slingers haven't any 'ASSociation' to defend against the oncoming legislation directed towards them do they? Wayne and his pals are missing in action here I think.
Our current POTUS will have a special squad to cut off fingers. Remember Crecy will be their fighting words. The Battle of Crécy took place on 26 August 1346 in northern France between a French army commanded by King Philip VI and an English army led by King Edward which saw an early use of the deadly longbow by the English, is regarded as one of the most decisive in history.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
No worries, comrades! Only 80% ghost bows will be banned completely. Others can be bought on a license once a month after a background check. Oh, and arrows will have to go through an FFL.

·
Registered
14,668 Posts
Back in the day I had a steel recurve longbow.
I t was a take down.
I think it was made by "AMF"?
I rather liked that longbow. Pulled 32" @ 40 Lbs.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
#10 - in the 50's we used to make up similar rifle sling shots, but more primitive sighting.
Gave us an advantage over the 'Back street' gang.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,580 Posts
In light of recent events these are already banned in kalifornia. Street gangs in LA and chicago already have them mounted on the hoods of honda civics.

Snow Military person Military uniform Gesture Marines

Cloud Sky Water Wood Machine

·
Registered
632 Posts
Some places like Madison Wi a Democratic, liberal, freak zone, certain forms of sling shots are banned; likewise, the shipping of replica non firing pistols. However, small crossbows are OK. A female friend uses it as house protection. Tiny sharp arrows.
In New York, for example, slingshots with a wrist-brace are illegal under § 265.01 of the New York Penal Code. Possession this style slingshot (often referred to as a “wrist-rocket”) is a misdemeanor, regardless of its intended use.
In New Jersey, slingshots are considered per se dangerous weapons. Title 2c - The New Jersey Code Of Criminal Justice Section 2C:39-3(e) makes possession of any type of slingshot without “any explainable lawful purpose” a felony of the fourth degree. What non-weapon, lawful use is not explained in the statute and is up to the judge.
The following are some states and cities make possession of a wrist-rocket illegal:
  • Massachusetts
  • Duluth, Minnesota
  • Louis, Missouri
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • Columbus, Ohio
  • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • Charleston, South Carolina
  • Knoxville & Johnson City, Tennessee
  • Salt Lake County, Utah
  • Falls Church, Virginia
  • Madison, Wisconsin
There may be other municipalities that ban possession of these devices, so it is important you check with local authorities before acquiring a slingshot with a wrist-brace.

Then back in the late 1950s the nun at school banned spit balls is second grade because we made them with a pin in the center of the paper ball and shot them with strays so the would stick in the ceiling of the catholic school.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Later around 1965, the same gal just a we bit wiser, confiscated my little brothers "Wham-O. " Some of the old timers that had cash remember the Wham- O -it had some power. Lots of marbles were shot off in those babies, mostly at windows....Those nuns were on top of us little rascals.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts