Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Swiss made Wild M/41 Range Finder from Samco. Very nice piece of equipment! I am trying to figure out how to use it but am having problems. Anyone have one of these? If so where can I get some instructions or guidance please. Thanks in advance.

Bob

·
Gold Bullet member
10,605 Posts
Bob:

I have one too. Beautiful piece of optics. Somewhere buried on my hard drive I have a English translated Swiss manual for the Wild M41. I'm pretty sure I found it at the "Deutch Optics" website. In case you can't find it, I'll search for the link. I saved it somewhere.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob:

I have one too. Beautiful piece of optics. Somewhere buried on my hard drive I have a English translated Swiss manual for the Wild M41. I'm pretty sure I found it at the "Deutch Optics" website. In case you can't find it, I'll search for the link. I saved it somewhere.
Thanks for reply. I have looked everywhere and still cannot locate it. If you can send me the link I would greatly appreciate it!!

Bob

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bob
I live in South Africa and purcased an M41 Swiss Range Finder from Samco Arms and was lucky to have a friend that thought me in 5 min how to youse this nice peace of equipment so i am going to try my best to explaine to you how it works. Dont try and range something closer then 300m for it only starts ranging on 300m.
Step 1:Get Range Finder stading on the tri-pods supplied to you and open the lenses on each side of the range finder by turning it clock wise or anti clock wise make sure it is open and and you can see the lenses.
Step 2:Then remove the cover protecting the 2 eye peaces the left side will give you range in meters the right side is the one you use to look at the target.(scope)
Step 3:Now find anything beyond 300m and look thrue the right eye peace you will see that there is a rectangular mirror in the center of the scope so anything you see in the scope will be seen upside down in the rectangular mirror.
Stem 4: Now make sure you get the image in the scope and the image in the rectangle lighned up perfectly ,so what it means is when you see a pole in the scope you must get the image in the rectangle linghned up perralel to one another.
Step 5: On the right bottom side the is a bras or copper wheel the use of this is to help you aligne the 2 images with one another so when you look thrue the scope and you turn the copper wheel you will find that the images will go futher or closer from one another just turn it until you get them parrallel to one a nother then you look thrue the left lens and it will give you the range indicated by a littel arrouw /triangle. contact me if you need any help South African code then 082 348 5086

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the directions on using the range finder!! I still have it stored away and have done anything with with it but admire it!! I am going get it out and follow your instructions! I appreciate the help.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts