Copper Bullet member
4,063 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
4,063 Posts
I passed on that because of the low wall receiver with the odd holes and lack of a scope number, but I'm pretty much a Tula sniper and ex-sniper guy, so could be wrong -I hadn't seen holes like that on any real sniper.
Other opinions?
Let's put it this way SG: The Russians never used low walled receivers and side mounted scopes on the same rifle. Ever. Even on models produced before ~43 (I forgot which year the high wall went into effect), the receivers are specially produced high walls meant to facilitate the mounting of the side scopes. Obviously that all goes out the window when dealing with a PE top mount, but otherwise, it's a hard and fast rule.

Combine that with the lack of any scope serial number (or evidence of grinding) and the clearly visible anglicized letters above the barrel's serial number and you've got the full on recipe for a very early Century repop (around the time that they were getting in massive quantities of original scopes and mounts along with a whole mess of Finnish rifles, and figured that combining the two would increase profits)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.