Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,717 Posts
This is getting way too common. Most vulnerable are debit cards, and you have few protections from charges with them if you don't get it in time. But all the credit card issuers seem hinky, and Chase, our Visa issuer, will call and email if there's a purchase out of the ordinary. They'd NEVER approve a $7500 one without authorization unless it was something I did a lot.
My card was put on hold since I ordered a $100 item on Walmart.com, so surprising that card wasn't put on hold.

Who orders online with a debit card? It is a widely broadcasted fact that debit cards are not safe online

· Registered
1,717 Posts
Had my debt card # used by someone in Michigan a few years ago. Right when the charge took place had a call from my bank. Quickly they canceled the card and the transaction. This is not 1924.. you should be covered regardless of it being debt or credit unless you are using a disreputable bank.
Only problem is if the fraud protection doesn't stop the purchase then with a debit card you have to file paperwork to get your money back where with a credit card you just have to file paperwork against a charge you haven't paid yet

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.