Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
12,866 Posts
The only non corrosive 8x57 I've seen lately is $5 per round. Is nobody making it any more?
Five dollars a round. I’m having trouble coming to terms with this brave new world.

Reactions: Dannyboy53

·
Gold Bullet member
12,866 Posts
If this hasn’t convinced you start reloading, I don’t know what will.

Course I’m still shooting $.03 corrosive Turkish, I just take 10 minutes and clean.
Like others here I purchased quite a bit of the Turk 8mm ammo from Century circa 2005-2006. I remember the price being closer to four cents a round, shipping included, when the order was $300 or more. (Or was the minimum for paid shipping an order totaling at least $400? I can’t recall with certainty. Whatever the free shipping threshold was, it wasn’t that much and it made it easier to rationalize increasing the size of the order.)

When you consider the resale value of the stripper clips, fourteen in every bandolier, plus the scrap value of the fired brass, the price was probably less than three cents a round for bright and shiny sure fire 8mm. Delivered to your door,

That’s the part that always amazed me when I came home to find three or four hundred pounds of ammo sitting on my porch.

I don’t have much sympathy for those who didn’t have the foresight and common sense to jump on this opportunity back then but I do feel sorry for those who were too young or those adults who weren’t gun owners in that timeframe.

Paying dollars per round every time you pull the trigger? That’s horrible. 🙁

1 - 2 of 2 Posts