Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
It seems the new rate is around a $1-2 per round, some more. Pistol ammo still seems around 75 cent unless its a mouse gun. Our range is seeing generally less people, and a decrease in membership at $90 per year. Also few are firing off say 100 rounds ammo, more like a box and a short visit. I still have not seen primers at local stores. At gun shows it is 10-12 cents per primer. Unfortunately, that is something I always thought would be around and never stocked up when it was 2 cents a primer:cautious::(

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
On line you also have shipping, that has gone up. I wanted some common 30-30 Winchester, another cartridge that seems to have disappeared and it cost $42 for a new box at a gun show. Some had it at $55 per box.

I love those Mosins... back in the day us old timers got pallets of boxes of Mosin ammo (Albanian) dropped off at the garage. Some were cazy and got 2-5 wood crates filled with rebuild Mosins. I would just go to Gun World- Gander Mt. when they put out a crate or two and select the best of the best that was in a crate. Too think, I thought $26 a tin was high priced at Gander back in the day.:oops: there $100 Mosins cost $165, But for exsnipers, all matching, no electro pencil force matches and the import mark on the barrel it was fun times to collect.

I find a good number of old hunters are selling off their guns because they can not get out anymore, hence I ened up with a $200 Winchester- about 1/4 of its value. Never shot one. But some ammo is hard to find. I have not seen 30-30, 30-06, 8mm Mauser or any really odd ball stuff at local stores. My wifes 38 special seems uncommon, more 9 mm and 22 at the farm & hardware stores.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts