Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Surplus Greek seems to be the most common to find right now. I just don't like corrosive, I had a bad experience a long time ago with it and haven't shot it since. Other more obscure calibers seem to be easier to find oddly enough. 6.5 Swede and 7mm Mauser are out there for way less.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It seems the new rate is around a $1-2 per round, some more. Pistol ammo still seems around 75 cent unless its a mouse gun. Our range is seeing generally less people, and a decrease in membership at $90 per year. Also few are firing off say 100 rounds ammo, more like a box and a short visit. I still have not seen primers at local stores. At gun shows it is 10-12 cents per primer. Unfortunately, that is something I always thought would be around and never stocked up when it was 2 cents a primer:cautious::(
This is what makes Mosins so great, 54r can still be had for 50 cents /round, non corrosive. That's pretty good for a full power cartridge, and you really can't say that for any other round out there in the same category. I still usually only shoot a box at a time for the sake of my shoulder though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts